Marketing | Public Relations | Journalism
NICE TO MEET YOU
Hi there! My name is Lauren. I’m a creative, strategic, detail-oriented marketer with a strong work ethic, good attitude, and passion for fostering the relationship between a business and its audience. It’s nice to meet you. I’m looking for a new opportunity to use my diverse skillset and background at a company where people are passionate about the work they do. I believe in developing skills, fostering relationships, and planning ahead with enough flexibility to adjust course as needed.
Gallup Strengths Finder:
Learner | Arranger | Input | Intellection | Empathy
- Develop print and digital marketing assets for businesses to grow and promote their organization
- My goal is to create beautiful tools that visually depict the brand, mission, and vision of the business
Secura Consultants, Minneapolis, MN
- Responsible for building traditional and digital marketing pieces for Secura Consultants to promote income protection solutions.
- Writes blog posts, press releases, and articles to educate clients on industry changes.
- Creates infographics, presentation slide decks, and videos to address the needs of their businesses.
- Manages marketing database of 10,000 clients, social media accounts, and website to engage with clients and promote brand awareness.
- Coordinated three National Disability Insurance Day events in Minneapolis, Madison, and Birmingham for 100+ financial advisers.
- Currently working on a marketing segmentation project to better target outreach efforts, develop relationships, and increase business.
- Wrote press release that was a top Google search result for “Disability Insurance”
- Coordinated National Disability Insurance Day events in Minneapolis, Madison, and Birmingham for 100+ financial advisers
- Wrote and designed guidebook outlining how to work with Secura Consultants for new advisers
DIGITAL MARKETING INTERN, CONTENT TEAM
B2 Interactive, Omaha, NE
- Wrote blog posts, landing pages, and copy for company and client websites.
- Utilized SEO tactics, attention to detail, and variable writing styles to create quality content.
- Collaborated with intern and content teams for project development, evaluation, and implementation.
- Managed intern WordPress website including content generation, social media accounts, and site maintenance.
PR/MARKETING INTERN, MEDIA RELATIONS DEPT.
Creighton University, Omaha, NE
- Wrote press releases and pitches for various events on campus.
- Managed a CRM and updated CMS content for the Creighton website, including news announcements, press releases, and Creighton students, staff, and alumni in the news.
- Gained experience working with media relations.
PROMOTIONS INTERN, KDWB RADIO
iHeart Radio (formerly Clear Channel Media), Minneapolis, MN
- Promoted KDWB along with the promotions team and radio personalities at various outings including concerts, seasonal events, and other appearances.
- Helped foster the relationship between KDWB listeners and the station.
- Gained event planning and execution experience.
- Learned to work well under tight deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
RETAIL SALES ASSOCIATE – VARIOUS DEPARTMENTS
Macy’s, Inc., Minneapolis, MN
- Used MAGIC selling technique to help customers with their shopping experience while consistently hitting sales goals.
- Opened Macy’s credit accounts for new and frequent Macy’s shoppers.
- Gained experience problem solving as a team and empowering each other.
- Kept the sales floor clean and organized while interacting with and supporting customers.
Journalism – Public Relations, Business Administration minor
John Felice Rome Center
Loyola University Chicago
- Microsoft Office Suite
- Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Dreamweaver, Illustrator, InDesign)
- Social Media (Facebook, YouTube, LinkedIn, Pinterest, Instagram, Snapchat)
- Videography (Audacity, Final Cut Pro, iMovie, Open Broadcaster, Canon)
- Email Marketing (iContact)
- Web Design & Development (WordPress, Wix, SEO)
- HTML, CSS
- AP Style
SKILLS & COURSES
- GDE 382 – Web Design
- JRM 599 – Entrepreneurial Media
- JRM 341 – PR Writing
- JRM 331 – Editing
- JRM 327 – Social Media
- MKT 319 – Principles of Marketing
Relocation availability: Yes!
Interests: Travel, food, design, languages, media, technology, writing
References: Available upon request – send me a message via my Contact page and I’ll send you a copy of my resume with references.